Search This Blog

January 5, 2012

1/5/12 - The Wraps Are Off!

Went to the doctor again and finally got the wraps off from my arthroscopic surgery. I think I am actually walking better now without the wraps than with them - they were so damn bulky! But at the same time, I don't have the support without them so I am feeling really unstable and by the end of the day my ankle is really swollen - even my toes look huge! And I found out that not having the wraps on makes it really hard to sleep - every couple hours I wake up in pain and have to readjust myself - leaving my foot in one position for too long causes pain. Walking hurts, but it feels better that just sitting in a chair which causes my ankle to pulse - when I do sit, I can't get it comfortable with it down or with it up...it just seems like a no win situation all the time right now...sometimes I think I would rather just be in a cast because then I wouldn't have to deal with the involuntary movements that send shock waves through my foot because of the nerve damage (they are still trying to heal).

And because of the nerve damage, I still have 2 numb toes, at least numb to the touch, ever since the surgery. Will I ever get the feeling back in them??? The incision on the inside of my ankle, the one on my tattoo, doesn't bother me at all...but the one on the outside hurts like an SOB, probably because that's where all the damage is...all I have to do is walk and the simple act of my pants brushing across the incision cause massive painful shocks to go through my foot all the way into my 2 numb toes....

Man if this is how I feel after this simple, not too invasive surgery - how the hell am I going to feel after the big one next week??? I don't think I am just going to be relaxing and catching up on my shows and a good book - the way I feel right now...I'll be lucky to even get a cat nap in unless I am so doped up on pain killers that they knock me out...well, I guess we will soon see...

Here are some "pretty" pictures post 1st surgery and after the wraps came off...mind you, I haven't been able to shave yet...

Outside of Left Ankle

Inside of Left Ankle - barely see the incision in the black of my tattoo...

Incision on Outside of Left Ankle

Incision on Inside of Ankle

Ankle Comparison - Super Swollen...

Big Freakin' Ankle!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment