Search This Blog

January 15, 2012

1/15/12 - Day 3 Post-Op

So, another day sitting around feeling useless and feeling like I am being a bother to everyone who has to run up and down the stairs to help me. Today was a better day, the pain wasn't as bad, but it's still bad...maybe I am just managing the pain better. Last night was the best sleep I got since the surgery, but I keep having these dreams that I am falling, I am sure everyone has them...they are the ones that literally make you jump in your bed like your trying to catch yourself...yeah. Now imagine jumping in your sleep after just having surgery, not fun at all...very painful.

I finally convinced my mom to let my cats into my "recovery room" so that I could see them and they could see me. My cat Archie is such a momma's boy that if he knows that I am in the house but he can't see me, he whines and cries and pounds on the door until I finally come to see him. That was getting pretty exhausting. The cats sat with me all day keeping me company, the most company I have had really since the surgery...

I never imagined how taxing spending 3 full days in bed would be, but it is exhausting...I can't get comfortable any more, no matter how many times I move pillows and flip over...I am ready to be in an up right position again...my neck and back are cramping and I am still getting those damn muscle spasms under my cast....my leg is freaking out from the surgery. But I have been managing.

My husband's surgery is tomorrow, hopefully sometime in the morning so he doesn't have to wait for forever like he did the first time. I am really nervous for him and stressed...worried... I want to be there so bad but still don't know if I can handle being up and about like that yet. I know his mom and her boyfriend drove up from Myrtle Beach to be with him and his dad will be coming in tomorrow to be with him as well. But I hope that I can be too...I might have to push myself a bit to make sure my butt is there...I can't let him go through this without knowing that I am OK too...

Wow, I think these meds are really affecting my thought process...I feel so incoherent and illiterate right now...maybe we will try again tomorrow...right now we will try sleep and thinking good thoughts for the love of my life tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment