Search This Blog

February 5, 2012

2/5/12 - Day 24 Post-Op

OK - so I know it's been a while since I have posted - a lot has been going on. I am now 3 weeks-3 days in and a little less than 3 weeks to go. Last week was my first week back to work and everyday the pain got worse and at the end of the day I just laid down with my nice frozen towel wrapped around my cast and relaxed. I did make it to the hospital a few times to see Joe - and guess what.....HE IS FINALLY HOME AGAIN!!! He was released from the hospital last Friday. I am so happy to have him at home again even though he still has to sleep in the recliner.

I went to the doctor's on Tuesday - good ole Dr. Kraatz - had to go in because my cast has started to crack near the toes and at the heel - he thinks I am walking around too much - oh, I forgot to mention that this is my first weekend completely crutch free! I have been learning to get around in my cast with the surgical shoe - the stairs still cause a few problems. Anyway, he says its normal wear and tear in a cast when you walk in it since they are not really made for that....yeah same question you have on your face is what I had on mine - then why the hell am I walking in it!???? So he says everything is good and to come back and see him in 2 weeks - he will give me a script to get an xray so that maybe we can take the cast off the following week. So we are getting there - but it can't come soon enough....I am itching like crazy and it is starting to make me feel really dirty having a leg that I haven't been able to wash in 3 weeks...

So, these past 3 weeks have been a giant never-ending roller coaster that doesn't seem to ever stop, with the pain of the surgery, the cast that goes up to my knee, the itching, the uncomfortable bed I have to sleep in for now, never being able to get comfortable, and Joe being in the hospital. But now that Joe is home, I think we can finally start to see the light at the end of this tunnel - and it has made us realize a lot in our lives that we want to start changing and doing differently so that we can start moving forward and move out of this holding pattern.

So, until next time, enjoy a few pics of my time over the last 2 weeks.

Elevating With My Fellow Gimp - Sister Kelley...


...And Her Little Dog Too - Jade


My Hubby Home From The Hospital


Joey Before & After - Home From the Hospital


Watching the Super Bowl with the Hubby From Our Recovery Room

No comments:

Post a Comment